Monday, November 14, 2016

Transfers???????

Hey everyone! Hope that life is great! Thanksgiving is coming up which is pretty awesome! Such a great time of the year! Thanksgiving, Christmas are so great. Hope that all is well.

Sooooooo I got transferred! To Uitkijk in Suriname (AKA the jungle!). It's a crazy area in Suriname that sounds super awesome so I'm pretty pumped to go there. Elder Lewis and I are actually switching places which is pretty crazy! I will be serving with Elder Lunceford who just got done being trained and I've heard a lot of good things about. Super excited about it and also a little sad to be leaving Bonaire. The members here are INCREDIBLE and I will miss that a lot. These Dutch members are just so great and I will miss their strength. I know that transfer calls are inspired though and I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in Uitkijk!

We had a pretty good week this past week as well! We got two new investigators named Idith and Marlon and they are sweet! Two different people that seem pretty open to the gospel and to the Book of Mormon. Marlon actually had read out of the Book of Mormon before we came back and had some questions about it and it was sweet! They are very cool. We also had a sweet lesson with Sister Carti who has been reading the Book of Mormon every day and has had so many spiritual experiences, it's crazy. Another sweet lesson that we had was with Genesis and we talked about obedience and it was totally guided by the Spirit. We had planned to teach her about obedience and we didn't know why, but in the lesson, she got inspired to do something that was hard for her to do. So cool how things are guided by the Spirit. When we follow the spiritual impressions that we receive, miracles come from it! Those were definitely the highlights for this week. I will miss this area but I'm excited to go back to Suriname at the same time.

My testimony grew on Faith this past week and I was reading something that stuck out to me a lot about how faith is like a seed. We want that seed to grow which can be our testimony, but often we see the seed sprout and then we get super excited that something happened and we never go on to develop it more. But the potential tree or testimony has the potential to grow up to a giant redwood. Always have spiritual experiences that help you grow that testimony even more and get the potential that we all can have.

Keep on sharing your testimonies and having spiritual experiences because they'll bless your lives forever. Love you all a lot and I hope that you have a wonderful week. You deserve it! Lobi!
-- 
~Elder Burr

 A truck caught on fire while we were shopping. 
 Sunset
 The moon!

 Some of the members here in Bonaire!
 They're awesome!


 Omar and Genesis! Studs!!!
 We are "Currying" as Omar would say!
The Saragoza Clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment