Monday, December 19, 2016

Go!!!!!

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! I guess it's still a little early, but by the time that I email next week, Christmas will have already passed! Pretty crazy! Looking forward to this special time to remember the Savior and to recommit myself to follow Him even more. What a wonderful time of the year!

We had a pretty good week this past week even though their was a lot of busy work! Biggest struggle this week was just not having time to do much. We were transitioning to having me have the car and I had to run some errands with it and the Crawfords also asked me to do some stuff, so the time just went away. Also on Wednesday Elder Jennings had to help teach me drive and we had to do stuff in the city, so there went more time. Just not much time to actually work in our area. A big success this week was in finding Errol (the husband of Tiffany). Tiffany is a member and we felt inspired to ask her if we could share a lesson with her and her husband joined in who isn't a member and he seemed very interested in the message. We had a solid lesson with him and are seeing him again tonight! Pretty awesome and we're super excited! Some highlights of the week were definitely driving and learning how to use stick shift for the first time haha. The streets are crazy packed here in Suriname as well so that added to the excitement! Getting it down pretty well now though (I think) thanks to help from on high! The best though was we got stuck once (Elder Jennings was actually driving so it was his fault) in crazy mud and we had no traction and it was pouring down rain. It was a disaster but some very nice Surinamers helped us out and we eventually got free. The best past of me driving though was I was backing up into the middle of a super busy street and keep in mind what is happening here. I am driving stick shift for the first time, while driving on the other side of the car, on the other side of the road in Suriname. So I successfully back up into the street and Elder Jennings jumps back into the car and loudly says, "Go!" So I attempt to go but nothing happened so he sad "Go!" again and nothing happened again so I'm freaking out and we're both just dying of laughter because this is the most pathetic situation ever that I'm just stuck right there with so much traffic not being able to move ðŸ˜‚ So funny and luckily on like the fourth try I was finally able to go. Good times! Another pretty fun experience is that my companion (who is very good with drums) got into a drum battle with a Hindu boy and it was pretty dang sweet. I felt a little silly just standing there but you know, I'd like to say that I did a pretty good job of cheering them on! Afterwards we taught them a lesson and they weren't too interested, but it was still pretty cool. We had a sweet lesson with Fenolia and her two kids about the Plan of Salvation and she's progressing great! Also had a really good lesson with Christine who is also progressing great! She has been exercising a ton of faith because she has found a way to get to church next Sunday by having her brother pick her up for church even though it will overall take him more than 2 hours to do it. They're great! Things are going well here in Uitkijk and we have a fun branch activity planned for Christmas! Life is good!

Don't forget to light the world this Christmas and to help those around you to enjoy this time! I'm grateful for all of you and I hope that we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas this year! Love you all! Lobi!

-- 
~Elder Burr
 Random pictures of me and some cool pots that we helped a member make!



No comments:

Post a Comment