Monday, May 8, 2017

Back to the Rain!

Hey everyone! I'm back in Suriname now! It's awesome here and I've experienced this mysterious liquid called rain! It's been raining like crazy here and I've been soaked to the bone almost every day so far! But I love it so it's fine :)

We had a good week here in Kasabaholo (which is right next to Paramaribo and technically still part of the city Paramaribo) and also in Bonaire for the last few days. It was pretty hard saying goodbye to all the members there since I've gotten super close to all of them, but I know that the Lord needs me back in Suriname so I'm excited to be back here. We had a really spiritual last lesson with the Mens family and they said some really nice things so it was great to see them one last time and I hope that I see them again in the future! Here in Kasabaholo, it's been great so far! We have some awesome members in the area and we worked with a lot of less actives this week and quite a few of them came to church this week! I think a highlight of the week was when we went and visited someone who is named Broeder Wekker. He hasn't been to church for a while and we had the opportunity to visit him and he has a prosthetic leg and it's a little too short, so it causes him a lot of pain when he walks. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he promised to read every day and he asked me to say the closing prayer. I asked him if there was anything specific that he wanted me to pray for and he asked me to pray that his leg would feel better. As I was praying the words that came out were really guided by the Spirit and I can't even remember what I said, but he was almost in tears at the end of it and told me that it was a powerful prayer. I know that God listens to prayers and does answer them and it is so important to pray with the Spirit. A spiritual experience for me this past week was at church listening to the testimonies and having the opportunity to bear my testimony myself. The testimonies borne by the members talked a lot about forgiveness, repentance and missionary work and I felt the Spirit so strongly the entire time. Way cool experience and I'm super excited to work with the members here! Elder Ruegger is pretty cool and we've worked together well so far. His father is a big Dodgers fan so that's a plus as well ;)

Also, I heard this week that the Ivaldo Holwijn, the mini missionary that I served with twice for a total of about 6 weeks, passed away this past week. That was super hard to hear since I literally served with him and was with him for such a long time. He got super sick and passed away in the hospital. He was a wonderful person, planning on serving a mission and a true friend of mine. I will miss him a lot, but I know that we will see each other again some day. No one is ever truly gone and I know that he's not hurting anymore. Love him a lot and I will miss him but I know he's in a better place.

But thank you all for everything that you do for me. I really appreciate all of you and your support. You all help me to become stronger. Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week and that all the mothers have a wonderful Mother's day! You all deserve it!

-- 
~Elder Burr
 My new hat that President DePalm gave me!
 Elder Rios, Elder Burr, Elder Sarmiento
Me,  Elder Geigenmiller, Rios & Sarmiento 
The Mens Family

No comments:

Post a Comment