Monday, December 21, 2015

The Rains Came Down and the Floods Came UP!

Hello all! I hope you all are having a great Christmas season and are remembering the true meaning of Christmas! 

It's been a crazy week but all is well now. We almost missed our flight to Suriname which was crazy but it's all good. Tiny plane! Made it to Suriname fine but had to pay some baggage fees which is no big deal but was a bit stressful. Landed safely and now I'm here in Suriname and man do I love it here! It's so different from Guyana but I love it all! It's been so great to just visit everywhere here and to start speaking Dutch!

Elder Hood is awesome! We've gotten along great so far and he helps so much with the language and I've already learned a ton from him. He's shown me the importance of preparing with the Spirit and using the Spirit in the lessons. I've truly been blessed by the Lord since I've been here with the gift of tongues. There is no way that I would've been able to communicate this well without the help from the Lord and it's been wonderful. It's hard to understand right now but it's getting better each and every day and I'm working hard always to improve. So that is all wonderful.

I love the branch here and Sunday was great. Great to see all the member participation and just how unified the branch is. I bore my testimony on Sunday and I already feel super welcome here and it's just great.

We had a great week here and worked hard all the time and with the Spirit. Many spiritual lessons the week. I may not be able to understand all of the Dutch but I can understand the Spirit and it's been really strong in lessons this week. With the elder's quorum president and one of investigators especially. Pretty great and I'm so thankful to the Lord for all of this.

It rains a lot here... Like a LOT. Like I have never gotten as wet as I got biking to church on Sunday. Like I went through what I thought was a puddle and it was about 3 feet deep. Yeah I got wet. And in church I have to bear my testimony in Dutch so I went up drenched... Good stuff! I love it here though. Oh yeah and our street was underwater. We pretty much biked though 2 feet of water down our street. It was intense. It rains just randomly all the time and it's been crazy but I love it all!

I was saved by grace yesterday too! We were in a lesson with Diane, one of our investigators and man did I have to go to the bathroom... It was getting bad and I turned to Elder Hood and asked in English what to do and right at that moment a car pulled up and asked us to move our bikes a bit to let it pass so I went behind a house to put my bike there for a minute... It was great and I was truly saved there!

Man I love Suriname though! It's hard for sure but just remembering what Christ has done for me has really been a huge help for me. I'm really excited to serve here though and am ready for the next adventure!

Remember to remember the true meaning of Christmas in this Christmas season and to always turn your thoughts to Christ and what he's done for us. It will help you to have to Spirit in your life and just really help overall. I hope you all have a wonderful and Spiritual Christmas! Lobi!
--
~Elder Burr


 The Abbensetts in Guyana
 Tamir in Guyana
 Their tiny airplane!
 Christmas party in the Paramaribo branch.



A Burger King
 His new companion, Elder Hood
 Their study room in their apartment
 Two random Santa Claus's
Elder Burr and Elder Hood

Their street underwater
Shoes drying

No comments:

Post a Comment