Monday, May 16, 2016

Edmund the Miracle Worker and the Temple!

Hey everyone once again! Fawaka? I hope all is well is the world wherever you may be at this moment because things are wonderful in Suriname! I love it here even though it may rain a little too much (literally every day where it sounds like hail it is raining so hard). Missionary work here is wonderful though!

We had a pretty awesome and crazy packed week! We had some AWESOME lessons with Chiral, one of our investigators this week and brought Edmund to come with us to the one on Monday and we found out that they used to be best friends so Edmund just taught the whole lesson basically, committed him to read every day from the Book of Mormon with a pen to mark things that the Spirit told him, he put him on a baptismal date and told him that he was going to pick him up for church. All we had to say was "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!" Pretty awesome and then we had another lesson with him later in the week and he had already read 13 chapters out of the Book of Mormon and prayed to be able to read better since he wasn't the best at reading and his prayer was answered. So sick! He's doing awesome and is so pumped to get baptized! All thanks to Edmund! He's the man. We also got a call from Michael, one of our old investigators who talked to us for 30 minutes on the phone just testifying of the truthfulness of the church and that he knew that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He got an answer to his prayer and is so excited to get baptized now! We had a lesson with him this past weak and he is just so prepared to accept the gospel! So so cool and the members are just fellowshipping them like crazy! Awesomeness!

Another huge highlight of the week was zone conference on the temple which absolutely blew my mind. All used from the scriptures and you can learn so much about temples from the scriptures! It was amazing and truly a testimony builder that the temple is the house of God and that they are Holy places built from revelation! I had no clue how amazing they are and I am so pumped to go to the temple every week when I get back home. It was awesome! I also had a super good interview with President Egbert and he is just amazing and helped me a ton! We also had a fireside last night on the Book of Mormon which was awesome! Oh yeah and Pararmaribo hit 102 at church on Sunday. Legit!

I've really been able to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon on my mission and I know that if we read the Book of Mormon every day, even if it's only for 5 minutes, it will really improve our day and we'll able to feel the Spirit and to come to know that the Book of Mormon comes from God. Anyone who genuinely has the question on if it is true or not, whether you are a member of the church or not: I have an invitation for you. To read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon. Read Moroni chapter 10, especially verses 3-5 and pray and ask God with faith in Christ, with a sincere heart and with real intent and I promise you that you will get an answer because I have done the same thing. I know it will change your life.

I hope you all have a great week and are able to have some spiritual experiences this week. I love you all! Lobi!

--
~Elder Burr
 Crazy amount of rain where it was basically was a hurricane.  It sounded like it!
 Stuff flooded in like 5 minutes.  It was insane!
 Me, Elder Lewis and Elder Hunt (Awesome missionaries!)
My sunrise each morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment