Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful fathers. I really do appreciate you all and especially my own Father. My dad is the best dad that I could ever ask for and has helped shape me into who I am today. He's awesome!

This week was pretty great! We ended up finally getting to go out on Thursday and beyond and that was so nice! I was going a little insane with being inside the whole time. but at least I had Ivaldo to keep me company! We taught a new person this week named Karishma and she's pretty cool! We invited her to invite her whole family to the next lesson so we're excited for that. She was cool because she basically contacted us and asked if we could come, and we were just like "yeah of course!" When people do that, it's pretty rare and awesome so we're very excited. Lilian is doing just wonderful! So so wonderful. She came to church again on Sunday and absolutely loved it! She's getting baptized this upcoming Saturday and is so excited! She has already invited a ton of people, including people that aren't members of the church and she wants to bring them to the church as well. We're about to get a ton of referrals from her and she is just so prepared! One thing that was so cool is that we had a lesson with her on Thursday about fasting and we talked about how she needs to fast for a purpose when she fasts and she asked if she could fast for her less-active son so that he could stop smoking and return to the church. Is that a righteous desire or what?! Of course we said yes and that that would be a great idea. But that wasn't all. She mentioned it with the relief society sisters and they all made a plan together to fast together for her son. It made Lilian cry and it was just so precious. The Christlike love that was there and the faith of the members and Lilian were so present. So awesome! We also had zone meeting on Saturday and the President and Sister Egbert were there! We talked about our Heavenly Father and man was that awesome! The overall impression that i got from the meeting was that I need to improve my relationship with my Heavenly Father and I'm so excited to do it! So that was just wonderful and I'm super excited to go teach the members about who God is! We also had interviews with President Egbert which are always wonderful and he just makes you feel wonderful and helps you through everything that you are going through. Love that man! Finally we had a super fun Father's Day activity that the Relief Society put on and it was super fun and a ton of father's came! The branch is doing well and the love is there! Great end of the week for sure.

I am also grateful for my Heavenly Father. Without Him, none of us would be here. Look around at the world around you and see the wonderful nature that is there and realize that it is our loving Heavenly Father that made this all possible. I love Him a lot. As we get a better relationship with Him, we become much happier people and can help others to have this same happiness!

Have a great week everyone and I love you all! Lobi!
-- 
~Elder Burr

 Ivaldo dying his hair.  Pretty funny time!
 

 An awesome quote about our Heavenly Father.
Sweet Father's Day pillowcase that I got.  Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Fathers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment