Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Transfers!!!


Hey everyone! Sorry this is so late but the email place was closed the last few days so I've finally gotten the opportunity to email now! Hope that you're all doing fantastic though!

Some cool things that happened this week is that we got 3 new investigators this past week which was a huge success for us! They all speak Dutch as well so there's some miracles right there! One cool person that we taught was someone named Tecla and Brother Mens came teaching with us. We had a cool lesson with her where she had a concern about our church and it seemed like the lesson was going to be pretty contentious, but the Spirit prompted me to say certain things (I can't even remember what I said!) and then she just let it go and was a lot more open! It was way cool and she said that we can come back and teach her this week so we're super excited! Also we taught another person named Lourdes for the first time and Sister Mens came teaching with us and she was able to bear her testimony on how she came to know that the church is true and it was super powerful. The Mens family has been a huge help for us and they are just on fire and are so willing to go out teaching with us and to share the gospel on their own. One other fun thing this week was that we got to help Sister Mens out at the animal shelter where she works. Calissa would be in heaven! I was in a room at one point with 38 cats and kittens. Be jealous ;) There are also a ton of dogs there and it was super fun to be there and help out the people working there! Cool experience. Things are going well here and Elder Geigenmiller is here now and we're pumped to have an awesome transfer together! Good things are happening!

I also had a super cool experience at district meeting this past week. We were doing a role play and I was the investigator in it and we were talking about repentance. I just got super into the role play and it seemed so real for me, and they were talking to me about how I can change (I was pretending to be a person that had made some pretty serious mistakes) and how I can be better. Elder Sarmiento motioned to a picture of Christ with His arms outstretched and it hit me so hard that it brought me to tears.  
2 Nephi 1:15

15 But behold, the Lord hath aredeemed my soul from hell; I have beheld his bglory, and I am encircled about eternally in the carms of his dlove.

Christ's arms are always stretched out to us and we just have to fall into them. Super cool experience. I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! Lobi!


-- 
~Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment