Thursday, April 6, 2017

Alles is gek geworden!


Hey everyone!

Emailing late again since the email place has just not been working lately, but as my companion would say, "wat kan je doen?"Or in other words, what can you do?

We had a great week though and have two investigators that have been reading and agreeing to meet with us which has been so cool. Their names are Lourdes and Tecla and we're super excited for them and the progression that they are making. Good things are happening here and I'm just so excited for everything! Bonaire is awesome!

I also got to go on exchanges in Aruba with Elder Galke and Elder Polanco and they are doing awesome and it was super fun to be with them, learn from them and also help them out a little bit. Miracles always happen on exchanges!

Conference was definitely a huge highlight of the week and I loved Henry B Eyring's talk on walking with Christ and here's a quote from it: "Brethren, our ordination to the priesthood is an invitation from the Lord to walk with Him. And what does it mean to walk with the Lord? It means to do what He does, to serve the way He serves. He sacrificed His own comforts to bless those in need, so that’s what we try to do. He seemed to take particular notice of people who were overlooked and even shunned by society, so we should try to do that too. He testified boldly yet lovingly of the true doctrine He received from His Father, even if it was unpopular, and so must we. He said to all, “Come unto me” (Matthew 11:28), and we say to all, “Come unto Him.” As priesthood holders, we are His representatives. We act not for ourselves but for Him. We speak not our words but His. The people we serve come to know Him better because of our service.
As soon as we accept the Lord’s invitation “Walk with me,” the nature of our priesthood service changes. It becomes all at once higher and nobler but also more achievable, because we know that we are not alone. I felt this most powerfully when President Thomas S. Monson laid his hands on my head nine years ago and blessed me as I began my service in my current calling. In that blessing, he recited these words of the Savior: “And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up” (D&C 84:88)."

These things are so true! I know that Thomas S Monson is a prophet of God and that it should be our life goal to walk with Christ. I invite you all to ponder more ways to walk with Christ and to try them out. Great blessings will come from it. Love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! Lobi!
-- 
~Elder Burr

 Me and the apartment! Sorry I'll try to send better pictures haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment