Monday, April 10, 2017

Fasting Miracles!

Hey everyone! Hope that you had a wonderful week this week! I´m finally emailing on a Monday again for once and hopefully that will become a habit again but you never know in this mission. But that´s what this mission is: crazy!

I had a pretty good week this week. I went on exchanges with Elder Galke and Elder Polanco and I talked about that a little bit, but they are awesome and we had a great time in Aruba with them. I flew back Thursday and Elder Sarmiento and I contacted some super cool people on the airplane ride back home! Who would´ve known that there would be so many prepared people on airplanes? This italian lady was so awesome though and just so interested in learning more so we are pumped to go teach her! We had some good lessons this week and sat with some cool people as well but I think that the miracle of the week was on Sunday. Elder Geigenmiller and I were fasting for a new investigator and praying every day for one and it was just seeming a little unlikely to ever find one! Then we go to church on Sunday and one of the youth named Richard came over to us and asked if we wanted to go teach his friend after church. We said sure and went with him, not sure how it was going to go. Well we go meet this person named Angelo (but everyone calls him PeeWee) and he was so cool! He´s 19 and hasn´t been to church for 5 years and is searching for a church to go to. We had a really cool lesson about God with him and we are pretty excited to see where he goes! Super sincere and is really looking for the truth! Miracles! Other than that, we´ve contacted some cool people this past week and we are excited to follow up with them and see if they are truly searching! That was our week!

One cool thing that I was studying and that stuck out to me this past week was a scripture in Alma 30:34. 34 And now, if we do not receive anything for our labors in the church, what doth it profit us to labor in the church save it were to declare the truth, that we may have rejoicings in the joy of our brethren?

I was just really thinking about why we do missionary work since we don´t get paid or anything. So why are there so many missionaries in the world? Why am I still on a mission today. And the answer simply is that this work is true. The gospel has brought so much joy into my life and now all that I want to do is share it with others. This work is true and I know that God is guiding the work. As we open our mouths to share the truth, God will put the words into them that will tough the hearts of the people. I know that that is true!

Thanks for being awesome and I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I love you all! Lobi!

--
~Elder Burr
 My invention on how to dry my clothes faster and... me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment