Monday, November 2, 2015

Alligator x2

Best title ever! Alligators are pretty cool! Hello everyone! Hope you all had wonderful weeks because I had a great one! 

So we got transfer calls on Saturday andddddd....... Me and Elder Cook are staying! But there's a catch. Elder Hunt from the MTC will be with us so I'll be in a trio yet again! Crazy huh? Didn't see that one coming at all. We're excited though and kinda freaking out because we're going to have to figure out how to fit another person in the house. It'll be crazy for sure but we're excited! Man it was a shock to us though. 

I had an amazing Spiritual experience this week which was so wonderful! I was on a trade-off with Elder Dulaki (our district leader) and we were visiting a part-member family. The family was having a hard time because one of their family members was doing a lot of bad things and just seemed to be lost. They were having a really hard time with her. I got the impression to share 3rd Nephi 17:4 which was the scripture that my sister chose our family to ponderize a few weeks ago. It reads: 4 But now I go unto the Father, and also to show myself unto the lost tribes of Israel, for they are not lost unto the Father, for he knoweth whither he hath taken them. 
I was able to share how no one is ever really lost. God always knows where each of us are and all he wants is for us to come back to him. You can never give up on anyone because no one is lost to God. He will never give up on us. That seemed to make a big impact on the family and it was a really cool experience for me and a testimony builder.

Fast Sunday was also something that was great! First of all, fasting in the Caribbean is super hard because you sweat so much and lose all the water that is inside you. So you basically die of thirst by the end of it but I've made it through two already so I can handle anything. The testimony meeting on Sunday was AMAZING! The members bore such sweet and wonderful testimonies and the Spirit was so strong in the meeting. They spoke of love for one another and how we can all beat Satan. It was amazing and I was grateful to be there. The members are so great here! I'm excited to spend more time with them! 

Now to the alligators. Me and Elder Cook and riding up to a member's house and see something on the road ahead of us. We come up to it and see that it is an alligator that very recently died because it got stabbed in the head. We were close to the member's house so naturally, we pick up the alligator and ride over. Now imagine that. Two white guys in Guyana riding a bike and holding a dead alligator passing a bunch of people. There will be legends told about us for sure. We put the alligator in a bag and it now resides in our freezer and we're planning on cooking it at some point! The very next night we were headed to another appointment and we see another alligator that is on it's way out but still alive. So yet again we pick it up and examine it. It was still kinda alive so it was weird to feel the tension of it. You can just imagine it. That one is sadly not in our freezer but it was cool nonetheless. 

That is all for this week and I'm excited to stay in Guyana for a little longer! I love the Lord and I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love you all!

--
~Elder Burr
 The alligator.

 The beautiful sky.
 A weird bird.
 Elder Burr in a random, unfinished house.

No comments:

Post a Comment