Monday, April 11, 2016

Families Can Be Together Forever!

Hey everyone! Hope that you all had stupendous weeks and that you saw many blessings in your lives! I sure saw many miracles and had a super awesome week this past week!

One of the best parts of the week was teaching Edmund's (our recent convert) daughter(Elvira) and seeing how sincere she is and how bad she wants to get baptized and live with her father again. She's currently living with her aunt but wants to live with her father and they're planning on doing some legal stuff this week to have it so that she can live with her father. Very very cool and she's reading every day and is in Jacob right now and is getting baptized on April 30th! Super exciting and she's doing so great.Edmund and his family are already planning on going to the temple next year so they can be sealed for time and all eternity as a family! What a blessing it is to have the temple and to be able to stay with our families forever! I sure do love my family so so much and am so blessed to have them by my side. They are so supportive and I can't express how grateful I am for them!

 Also her friend named Raisa is also progressing super well and is also getting baptized on the 30th which we are so excited for! It's going to be a great day!

We also found another cool family this past week and had an awesome restoration lesson with them and they were so into it and super excited to hear all about it so we're excited to see their progression and hopefully they can make the steps to be baptized! 

Another highlight was an exchange with Elder Hunt that I was able to go on! It was super fun to serve again with him and to see how much we've both grown! He's super good at Dutch and such a great missionary! Hopefully I get to serve with him someday! That was a great exchange and we were able to see the miracles (and the sunburn) in his area. Great time!

We were also able to do service for some investigators this week and to build up our relationship so we're hoping that great things and miracles happen because of it! Much of the branch was gone this week going to the temple but they're coming back soon which is exciting! They did over 300 baptisms for the dead which is such a miracle as well! Temples are amazing and I can't wait to go again after my mission! 

Learned a lot about sincere prayer this past week and was able to strengthen my testimony in it and also to make my prayers stronger. What a blessing it is that we can talk to our Heavenly Father and that he can communicate back with us through the Holy Ghost. Prayer really is so important and I want it to become a driving factor in my missionary work. Something that Elder Hood told me was to let prayer rule my mission. I'm taking it to heart and hoping to see the results. Great week here and I am loving Suriname! Best place ever and I just love every single day! 

That was my week and I hope you all have a great week and come closer to our Heavenly Father! That's everyone's goal so that we can return to live with him one day! You all are the best and I love you all! Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I really do appreciate it so much! Lobi!

--
~Elder Burr
 The view from my study desk.

Me!
Forgot to take very many pictures this week!
My bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment