Monday, April 18, 2016

Het Priesterschap!

Hello everyone once again! I hope that everyone had a wonderful week and that you all were able to feel the Spirit! We had another great week here in Paramaribo South!

First of all, transfer calls were this last Saturday andddddddd...... I'm staying here with Elder Van Den Herik!!! Super pumped to stay here because I absolutely love it here! #Pararmaribosouthisthebest!

We had a really awesome week! Were able to see lots of miracles and the Lord truly did bless us in our missionary work this week. It was so cool! One sweet thing that happened this week is that the branch president called us saying that someone needed a blessing and it was a referral for us so we were super pumped about that and went and taught the family about the Priesthood and then we gave them a blessing and it was probably the strongest Spirit that I've ever felt in my life. Just so amazing and the whole family was in tears after it and then the parents also wanted blessings. So we went back later, had an awesome restoration lesson with them and were able to give the parents blessings of comfort and it was so spiritual. They really are wonderful. The mother then gave us a referral to her brother who we also we able to give a blessing to and we are now teaching all of these families and they're doing awesome. What a blessing it is to have the priesthood power and to use it to bless the lives of others. 

When we were heading down to teach them another time a guy called us over and asked us to stop and we talked to him and he said that he met with the missionaries about a year or two ago and really wants to meet with us again. So we went and saw him yesterday and after we said the opening prayer, this girl walked over and asked if she could join and then another guy asked if he could join as well and that lesson was just awesome! They all listened very attentively, felt the Spirit and want us to come back. So many miracles from this one family. So grateful for the Lord for blessing us with this!

Elvira and Raisa are progressing great, and Elvira is in Mosiah in the Book of Mormon! Just reading like crazy, marking her scriptures and she's understanding what she's reading! They're both getting baptized on April 30th and we are so excited for them! They've just changed so much and are living the gospel and it's been so fun to see the change in people as they accept the gospel. The gospel is the best!

I'm so grateful for the gospel that we have in the Earth today and for the Priesthood power. It really is amazing and can bring so many miracles. Only through the Lord's help was I able to give these blessings in all Dutch. I'm grateful for the Lord! He's helped me so much and I'm so grateful for him.

We were also able to do some service and there was so much stuff to throw away, but they didn't give us enough bags so we did the only logical thing: Dug a giant hole and buried it all. They have no idea I'm pretty sure but it was pretty effective it seemed like! It was either that or leave in above the ground so I think it was a good idea ;)

We also helped the Fiedkou family move as you can see in the pictures! That was crazy and there was a fridge lowered down from the balcony and I thought that we were all going to for sure fall in the trench but thankfully we didn't. Sad that they're gone and I'm going to miss them a lot. But life goes on.

That was our week here and I'm pumped to continue serving here in Paramaribo South! I know that transfer calls are inspired and that I'm here for a reason so I'll do my best to be a consecrated missionary and to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I'm grateful for all of you and hope that you have an amazing week! You are all the best! Love you lots! Lobi!
--
~Elder Burr
 Ivan (awesome member)
 Shoarma (not healthy but pretty tasty!)
 Helping the Fiedkous' move 
 More moving


 My new scriptures!
 Good-bye Zuster Walsh and Zuster Ibraheim (probably spelled that wrong).  You will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment