Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017???

Hey everyone and happy 2017!! That's so weird to say! Time is flying by as always and it needs to slow down at some point! The mission is just zipping by and it feels like I have no time left!

We had a good week, but it was pretty crazy with the end of the year and the craziness going on. Not many people were home and less wanted to meet so that was a bit of a struggle. Still had some cool miracles and were able to experience some success. Our investigator Christine is progressing great and is getting closer and closer to baptism. She's just got to come to church now which will take a lot of faith, but she can do it I'm sure of it. The Lord will always provide a way! I also got to go to Koewarasan and do two baptismal interviews for people in their area named Dejong and Raphaella. They both were very prepared and passed no problem! So we got to go to their baptism on Saturday as well which was pretty exciting! Church was a bit of a struggle since everyone was in the city, so we only had 7 people but they'll all be back next week so it should be no problem.

Two super cool spiritual experiences that I had this past week were with one of our members, Steve Kabenda, and with one of the baptismal interviews. About a week ago we had a lesson with Steve and he told us that the branch president asked him to be the branch mission leader, but he was doubting if he could do it and was lacking a little faith. As we had the lesson with him, I felt inspired to share 3 Nephi 13:33 with him that says that we need to put God first in our lives and then everything else will work out for our good. Well we saw him again on Sunday and he shared with us that he was thinking about that scripture that entire week and was pondering it and praying about what he should do with him business and with the potential calling. Well he ultimately came to the conclusion that he needed to worry more about the things that God wanted him to do and to accept the calling. As he said that, the Spirit came so strong just testifying that that was the right decision and it was so cool! We're pumped to have him as the branch mission leader since we need one so bad!

The other experience was in the baptismal interview with Raphaella. She was explaining how she's had some hard times in her life and that things haven't been easy as of late. As I was talking with her, I can't even remember what I said but I know that the words were guided by the Spirit. When she was bearing her testimony at the baptism, she mentioned how the words that I said were exactly what she needed to hear at that time. It was just so cool because I know that the words didn't come from me, but they came from God through the Holy Ghost. I was honored to be an instrument in the hands of God at that time. So cool!

The Gospel is true and I know that it is how we can receive the eternal blessings that God has in store for us. If you're not doing this already, I would just encourage you to read the Book of Mormon every day and to have a spiritual experience in there each and every day. It's true! I know that this is God's church and I'm so grateful to be a missionary. No other place that I'd rather be! Ik hou van jullie allemaal en ik hoop dat jullie een geweldig 2017 hebben! Lobi!

-- 
~Elder Burr

(Fotos? - They will come next week! I'm at a sketchy place to email and I don't want to risk pictures being corrupted! Next week! Lobi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment