Monday, June 12, 2017

Wij Moeten God Leren Kennen!

Hey everyone! I just started my last transfer which is crazy! Time sure does go by quick and it's so important to make every moment count! You don't know how long you'll have the opportunity to serve whether it's a mission or a calling so you really need to make every moment count!

So I'm staying! You all probably guessed that, but I bet that you didn't guess who my companion will be! I'll be serving with........... Elder Geigenmiller again! We also were called to have a new leadership position in the mission. We are the teaching assistants of Suriname. So what we do with that is that in a transfer, we go with every single companionship in Suriname and observe their teaching and help them out a bit to find ways to become even more effective. Of course we go to learn from them as well. Pretty cool though and it's brand new so we'll see how that goes. We have that big bus again to drive haha. I thought I was done with that but I guess not yet! Pretty crazy! Elder Ruegger will be serving in Wanika with Elder Buehler. Crazy huh?

We also had a pretty good week. We had a couple opportunities to do service for the person that fixes our bikes and also for the Nazir family which was sweet. We mixed cement for the Nazirs and it was a TON of cement. We'll just say that I was a little sore afterwards. It was great though and just a blast. We also got to teach some new people named Vincent and Gwen this week and it was AMAZING. It was the first lesson with them and Vincent invited his wife to come sit with us as well and we were able to get to know them a little bit, find out their religious background and talk about God. They are just awesome and seem so prepared. They stopped us and asked us to come have us teach them which almost never happens. Huge miracle and they have 2 little boys, so those are future missionaries right there as well! So cool. We also were able to have a sweet lesson with the Dunnan family about the Plan of Salvation. That is their favorite lesson and they were just so prepared for it and loved it. Sweet lesson filled with the Spirit! Also Sunday was sweet. Elder Ruegger and Zuster Baker bore their testimonies since they were leaving and I was asked to give a talk (I was asked Saturday night so all I had was Sunday morning to prepare it). I was pondering what to talk about though and I ultimately felt inspired to talk about the importance of coming to know God. So I wrote out the whole talk and everything and was all prepared and then... I left my notebook at home. But I went up and gave the talk anyways and God really helped me out to guide my words and help me remember all the scriptures that I wanted to share. It was really cool and the Spirit was super strong. I really enjoy speaking now! Those were some highlights from this week!

One invitation that I gave in the talk is one that I want to give to all of you. It's 6 ways to come to know God better!

1. Sincere Prayer
2. Diligent and Prayerful Scripture Study
3. Doing the will of God
4. Doing missionary work and sharing your testimony with friends and family
5. Going to the temple as often as possible
6. Becoming more like God and Christ every day

I know that as you do these things, you will feel the Spirit and gain a more personal relationship with God each and every day! Love you all and have a wonderful week!

-- 
~Elder Burr

No comments:

Post a Comment