Monday, October 5, 2015

Ducks and Bunnies and Cats Oh My!

First full week in my mission and man oh man is this awesome! What better thing to be doing than serving the Lord each and every day!? It's wonderful. There are miracles every day and I'm so grateful for them all. I'll just write a few since I don't have much time!

One of our investigators is getting baptized on Saturday! My first one! It's been amazing to see the change in her life and she's super excited to go to the temple. What a blessing it is to know that we can be with our families forever and I'm so grateful to have that knowledge. 

One of our other investigators is Diana and she was a little skeptical over our message but we had a lesson on the Book of Mormon and testified of the truthfulness of it and just laid it all out and she committed to praying and reading it. And guess what?? SHE GOT AN ANSWER! It was awesome and now she's progressing a lot. ALso with the same girl I taught my first full lesson on the Plan of Salvation and it went super well! We had a member there with us and she bore a strong testimony at the end of the truthfulness of it and it was perfect. So wonderful.

One thing that is not wonderful is the mosquitoes. I kid you not, I probably have over 100 on me right now. It's ridiculous. But they only itch at night which is a blessing from God! I teach just fine in the day and I'm grateful for that blessing in my life! 

One fun thing that happens here is the animals! I held baby ducks, bunnies, cats and dogs this week and it's super awesome! Not something that you get to do every day and I love it! The dogs are a little crazy and not super friendly but the rest are great! Oh yeah and there are cows literally everywhere. Roaming the streets constantly. Insane!

Finally, General Conference was AMAZING!! I appreciate it so much more now on my mission and I wished I had paid more attention in the past years because it is so wonderful! Elder Lawrence's was awesome and I learned so much from it. I learned so much from all of them! They truly are called by God and are such amazing people! 

I hope you all are doing well and I love you all! Guyana is awesome!

--
~Elder Burr

 It's hot here!  After a run.
 Random Scenery

 Canje Church
 Me and My Companion
 A few of my million mosquito bites!
10 kilograms of butter (22 pounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment