Monday, March 7, 2016

Transfer Calls!

Hey everyone! Fawaka? Hope it's all good in the Hood! ;) Haha since my companion is Elder Hood... Terrible joke oh well!


Elder Hood is getting transferred to Wanika Central and he's opening that area up with a new Elder coming in who has been serving in Guyana. He's going to kill it out there for sure I know it. Such an amazing missionary! I'm staying in Paramaribo South with Elder Van Den Herik from the Netherlands. A little nervous but I'm sure that I'll grow a lot and my Dutch will improve like crazy! Should be a good experience.

We had a good week and such good lessons with Astrid and Eevert. Talked about the Sabbath day and they are totally willing to do all that they can to follow it. So cool to see! They're progressing great and came to church again and are getting ready for their date on March 26th! Very excited for them. Lilian is also looking for other work and we find out this week. Lots of prayers for her. If she can find other work then she can come to church every week which would be so great! Very excited to see their progression. Sad that Elder Hood is leaving but I know that it's happening for a reason and that transfer calls are inspired. Excited to get to know Elder Van Den Herik!

On Friday we were going to Ivaldo and Remario showed up and told us that something told him that he had to come over to Ivaldo's and man was that a miracle! We had a lesson next with a Less active from Santo Domingo and she speaks only Spanish and Sranen and the person who was going to come with us canceled... So Remario saved us since he can speak Sranen! He stayed with us for the rest of the night and bore such powerful testimonies! He's such a great guy and is planning on going on a mission soon! He's 17!

I went on a fun exchange with Elder Hardy on Wednesday and we did a LOT of contacting for here in Suriname. 5 hours in the hot Suriname sun! So yep I got sunburned but we taught some cool people and helped them out!

I'm going to miss Elder Hood a lot and he's taught me so much! He's an amazing missionary and is going to kill it in Wanika Central!

That was our week and I hope that you all had great weeks as well! Love you all!

~Elder Burr
 Elder Lewis hanging my Dodger's pillowcase.  (He's not a fan!)

 Valentine's package from my family.
Remario!  He came teaching with us and is a boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment